Thursday, January 7, 2010

How to make my foundation look less cakey and more natural?

Every time I sponge on my foundation it just looks caked on. How do people get it to look more natural? Would switching brands help?How to make my foundation look less cakey and more natural?
use a tapered foundation brush instead of a sponge, apply a little at a time and brush on in a downwards motion. Its a much natural effect and the tapered edges allow you to be precise! it worked for me xHow to make my foundation look less cakey and more natural?
I would try Loreal Bare Naturale it is a powder foundation. You can get it at Wal-mart or drugstores. It goes on smooth and covers well. I has a built in SPF. It is pretty cheap too about $14.
Maybe switching brands will help. but don't use a sponge just use your fingers I do and it doesn't look cakey or unnatural at all. Also I use true match foundation it is a little on the expensive side but works great and looks very natural.
I use Artistry brand and it looks very natural...NEVER looks or feels cakey. I don't use sponges either...seems like they waste so much foundation. I just use my fingers.
I don't use a liquid foundation. I just dab on concealer and then put a loose powder over it. It never looks cakey or has that horrible line where it stops. I'd also suggest maybe checking the foundation color. Make it match your skin tone as much as possible...
It could be the foundation that you are using I use maybelline's pure makeup line, it's water based so it doesn't go on oily then I follow it up with the foundation powder to get a shine free natural look. I have been using for about two weeks now and so far I only have to dab on a little powder on my t-zone area to control the shine throughout the day.
If your happy with reg founations then i would make sure you put lotion on first, but if you're willing to switch then i would go with bare minerals it is so sheer and light like your wearing nothing and it doesn't feel gross and oily on your skin it feels healthy.
well i used to use that but i changed to a light concler and powder foundation. it looks more natural and never caked on. you a\should try it...it works
I like tinted moisturizers. You need to use a good brand. Try going to Clinique, Estee Lauder, or Lancome counter where they will let you try it on...
The whole ';sponge on'; concept has never ever worked for me...I personally think its just a scam...I mean, models don't have their foundation sponged on. They use this expensive spray to cover their entire face to give that perfect complexion. I have started using Bare Minerals, and they work wonders. My face looks so natural, I have had at least 5 comments the past week about how natural my face looks. :) Look ';Bare Essentuals'; up on Yahoo and see what you can find and how cheap it sells for on ebay(.com).





Good luck ~ Elle
try using a tinted moituriser my mummy is a makeup artist for cat walks and stuff, she uses tinted moisturiser. almost every make up company sells it!
if your lighter use lighter makeup and if your darker use darker makeup and you wont look caked on. and get brush on. or maby liquid. i use liquid and it looks antural not caked on
well im always getting complaments bout my make up i use a brush or my fingers and iff your still getting a caked on look then cut down in the stuiff you put on!!! what product do you use??
Mary Kay has a web page that gives you tips and suggestions on how to apply make-up.
Switching brands may help -- the trick is to check the color of your foundation, and not use a lot.





With foundation it's better to go slightly lighter than darker. Foundation should match the underside of your arm near your wrist. When shopping dab a dot on the underside of your arm and rub it in -- if it's indistinguishable or nearly indistinguishable that's the shade for you!





Once you are certain you have the correct shade -- apply a small amount to your sponge -- and put dots on your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin. Just one small dot per area is all you need -- when you're putting it on you should think -- there's no way this is enough. Now blend the foundation in well -- use as many upward swipes as possible -- rubbing in circules promotes lines and wrinkles when you age. Take your time blending is very important.





Finally finish off your foundation with a loose powder. Loose powder gives a more natural look than pressed. Use a brush to apply powder (ensure it's your shade) in the same upward/outward (from nose) fashion.





Good Luck!
Max Factor in a tube, use a soft makeup sponge, make sure your face is clean %26amp; lightly moisturized! You must have the right color as well for your skin tone.
Free beauty tips on applying fiundation


http://geebal.blogspot.com





Also read.......natural and homemade methods to:





Skincare/Nailcare/Acne cure/Wrinkles/Blemishes/White heads/Black heads


Freckles/Steaming/Haircare/hair removal/hairloss/henna on hair/split ends


Dandruf/Manicure/Pedicure/Eye care/Darkcirles/Puffiness/


Makeup/oily skin/dry skin ....etc.





http://geebal.blogspot.com
use bare minerals...Don't use liquid or matte foundations that dry and settle into the natural crevices of your skin...Less is more...
I find that using less helps; use just a dab and blend that all over your face.
My friend wife and I use Bare minerals. I didnt even know she wore any make up, thats how natural it looked. She has acne that I never knew was there. I have been using it for a year now, and barely found out three weeks ago that she has been using it too. I thought she only wore mascara because thats all I see on her face. Bare minerals has a concealer powder that works wonders. She also says that her acne has gone down since shes started using it also.
get a foundation brush!! I got one from Lancome at my local Macy's and it makes my face look natural without looking oily or anything. Try MAC or Lancome, go to ur loacal mall and they should have a makeup department ask for a foundation brush they are like 30 bucks but they last forever and make ur skin look greaT
use a lightweight foundation and rub it in really well then set it with powder foundation
Where do you get those things??
Cake it on gorgeous babe.
If you don't want your face to look like it's fake, then what you want to do is first get the same color of your skin, and then you gotta make a light layer of the liquid, and then make a soft layer of the powder, but make sure that it is slightly damp
moisturize with a face moisturizer first then apply it should work.
switch brands maybe its cheap, get a brush also, and put on less.
before you put on your foundation, put some lotion on and let it dry. see if that works. oh, put just a light layer on. i use my hand to put my foundation on and mine never looks caked on.
For some people puting on a mosturizer helps, but it may be your foundation. TRUE MATCH is a good one, it goes on fairly light and leaves a smooth complexion!
Maybe you should try a medium coverage foundation instead of full. That maybe enought to help you, you can go to www.marykay.com/kfrench2006 and search for your local Mary Kay girl and she'd love to help you find a perfect match for your skin color!!! and you'd get a free facial!!
What I do is to add a couple of drops of foundation in my moisturizer cream. Mix it and use it as I normally do, applying it on my face and neck. This gives me a smooth application and it does not look cakey.

1 comment:

  1. I also hate it when my applied foundation looks cakey. I will try this tricks to make it look more natural.
    Etizolam Online

    ReplyDelete